Something To Remember...

Blessed is the man who, having nothing to say, abstains from giving wordy evidence of the fact. - George Eliot

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Birthday Cow Pants!!

Gabe's first birthday is up and coming and every little cowboy needs some cow pants... with fringe!!!




I started by cutting out my pattern using a good fitting pair of Gabriel's jeans. I left two extra inches at the top for the elastic casing, and one inch at the bottom for the hem, and about 3/4 inch all around for seam allowance and room to grow.




Instead of cutting the outside edge of the pants on a fold, I had to cut it out because I needed to sew the fringe on the side. Now I had four total pattern pieces, two pieces per leg.




I cut my fringe so that it didn't interfere with the waistband or hem.








After sewing the outside of both legs with the fringe, I sewed the inside of the leg on both legs. While they were inside out I remembered to do the hem.




Next I assembled to pants by sewing the crotch. I "fake" serged using a zig zag stitch.




Finally, I made a casing for the elastic. Without stretching the elastic, I cut it to fit JUST around his waist perfectly to measure. And done!!!




He DID NOT want to model, so this is it for now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment