Something To Remember...

Blessed is the man who, having nothing to say, abstains from giving wordy evidence of the fact. - George Eliot

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Pa-pa-pa-jamas!!!

The most recent sewing project I have finished is fleece lounge pants for my hubby and Gabe. I always LOVE when Matt let's me make him something. He's kinda picky about clothes!! I went to Jo-Anns and got a great deal on fleece, and it took me a yard and a half to do both pants! I Guess total it was like 10 bucks and I have some left over!! It looks like camo print, but it's spurs and cowboys, and it says rodeo on it.


I didn't use a pattern,  I just used a well fitting pair of pants that I folded in half and cut around leaving about a 1/2 in seam allowance... and plenty for the hem and waist band. For matt's waistband I used this http://www.scribd.com/doc/21335064/Fleece-Waistband-Tutorial tutorial. worked well!! On Gabe's I just did elastic. I did not take pics during the process but here another good tutorial on making pants...http://sewing.craftgossip.com/tutorial-sew-a-pair-of-kids-pants/2009/04/29/  I don't actually do MINE this way, I found a cheat. I'll post that a dfferent time.

No comments:

Post a Comment