Something To Remember...

Blessed is the man who, having nothing to say, abstains from giving wordy evidence of the fact. - George Eliot

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Toddler Girls Bubble Pillowcase Dress ~ So Cute

I've had the pillowcase forever it seems... I don't have a girl, but I wanted to try my hand at a cute little dress anyway. I think I got the pillowcase at the thrift store pretty much brand new for 99 cents!! SCORE.

First thing I did was fold it in half (to make the arm holes even), and using a 2T sized shirt as a template, I cut the arm holes. Then I made a casing at the neckline, and added elastic for a ruched effect. I then added some yellow lace like bias tape for the arm holes, and added shoulder ties. I did another casing at the hemline for a brown and white polka dotted ribbon for a drawstring. When cinched a bit, it makes it a bubble dress!!! For the last touch I added a bow and buttons for accent. I wish I would have had a camera to do a full tutorial but I didn't!! I am so bummed because it was so easy, and turned out great!! Now who do I give it to??? Someone please have a girl!!!


The back...


The front...






The bottom... And again sorry for the poor quality pics...They do not do it justice! Soon i'll have a real camera :)

No comments:

Post a Comment