Something To Remember...

Blessed is the man who, having nothing to say, abstains from giving wordy evidence of the fact. - George Eliot

Monday, January 4, 2010

Recycled Jersey Hoodie = New Pants For Gabe!!!

Since Gabey was born, I haven't been able to fit in my old clothes... At least no pants, and probably half of my shirt. Just one of those things you dont bank on when you get pregnant is how much weight you'll actually gain, and how easy it'll be to lose it after the fact.  And I haven't been working on losing weight nearly as hard as I need to for MY body. It takes ALOT of discipline and focus and work for me to lose serious lbs. That's no excuse however, and I'm doing something about it now before I get the next set of two pink lines!! ANYWAY, with all that said, most of the old T's and shirts and some pants I had went into my scraps pile to recycle... and most of them have already been made into something else!!! Some refashioned for me, but mostly clothes for Gabe. Today I decided to finally do something with a gray and black striped jersy short sleeved hoodie. And this time I did some more pants for him. Hopefully they can be worn util 24 months, because I made them big on purpose.




What I did was fold a pair of  18 month sized pants in half and placed the "non-crotch" side on the outsde fold of the hoodie, as you can see in the pic. That way you get one less seam to sew!! Do that on both sides so you get two pattern peices out of it. Then just cut around the pants giving yourself an 1/2 in seam allowance. I did more because  I wanted a bigger size for him. For the rest of the pants follow this easy tutorial...

Wow, long link!



And here's the boy!





Jailbird baby! Sorry for the bad quality pic...
while we have no camera i'm using our camcorder for pictures :(
Man, I miss my real camera!!!


3 comments:

  1. Nice work. you even matched the stripes up, which is key to making them look right. I'm looking forward to reading more on your blog. I had a blog...before I had 2 kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I know what you mean... this may be a phase, but hopefully I can keep it up alright... even if just once a week!! And thanks... I tried but it was hard and they are off a little bit ;) But not bad!! Is your blog still online??

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way, I hope you don't mind if I added you to "Blogs I love"??

    ReplyDelete