I've been wanting to redo this lampshade for awhile.
I really couldn't decide what to do, but when I had this idea I JUST DID it... I didn't try it out first!! EEEK. Because of that, it turned out "OK". Not what I thought the final product would be, but I'm posting it anyway!! My projects don't turn out perfect every time, but I decided they should be put out there as well!! So here we go, for this project I used Gloss Mod Podge, about 1/4-1/2 yard of scrap fabric I wanted to use up, and home decor ribbon. I mixed the Mod Podge with a little water to thin it, cut my fabric in squares, and started slapping them on!
I used a little 1 inch paintbrush to apply them...I compelely wet the top of each square of fabric, kinda like paper mache! I just started at the top and worked my way down...
then I let it dry a couple hours. Now, I never went backover the top with plain Mod Podge, but it maybe a good idea. I geuss what I didn't like about it finished is that it looks wet even when dry... That's really it. For the finising touch I added some ribbon at the top and bottom with hot glue.
I think it would've been better using a darker fabric cut in circles. My hubby liked it, so I guess that's a plus!!!