Something To Remember...

Blessed is the man who, having nothing to say, abstains from giving wordy evidence of the fact. - George Eliot

Friday, March 26, 2010

"Hunky Pool Boy" Terry Cloth Romper Shorts

I've had this idea for awhile, and I wanted to make Gabe something for the summer to wear on the patio or around the kiddie pool. I made the shorts from two brand new terry cloth towels I found  super cheap at the second hand store. The pockets are leftover from my mens shirt to boys shirt refashion seen over here.  The stenciling is freezer paper stenciling. Heres the short process in pictures:

I cut out my pieces using a pair of his shorts


I made my pockets and stenciled them


I sewed the pockets on first and then assembled the shorts



And done :)









Um, model much?






Now try to keep your hunky pool boy away from the girls this summer!!!

11 comments:

  1. Oh so sweet boy! Nice shorts, good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are adorable, and the model is a professional!

    Thanks for linking up with What are little boys made of?

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh those are adorable! Thanks for posting on Favorite Things Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are fantastic! Visiting from Super Crafty Saturday :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are fabulous! Hunky pool boy indeed! The ladies at the pool are gonna love him this summer!

    I linked to your tutorial on Craft Gossip Sewing:
    http://sewing.craftgossip.com/tutorial-hunky-pool-boy-terry-cloth-shorts-for-little-boys/2010/03/28/

    --Anne

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO CUTE! AND such a great idea! We often go to the sprinkle pad in the summer, and these would be great for both my kiddos! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These turned out so cute and look even cuter on your precious boy! Thanks for linking up this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh that is so ADORABLE!! That is cracking me up!! He's so CUTE!

    Thanks for linking!

    ReplyDelete